weather widget

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

the last week or so

 my sis, a friend and i made a fart last week to make the rounds of the quilt shops on the other side of the peninsula ... my loot ...
green fabric to add to my st paddy's day fabric collection.  can' resist this fabulous fabric [it's for my birthday you know] some green ricrac for trim on that irish quilt i'll make someday.  a circle sewer attachment for my viking [prince, it's name], a piece of polka dot fabric to try out for a background block.   a pinker blade for my rotary cutter and patterns!  one a pretty pointsetta pattern for a christmas runner, not the big quilt shown and from robin place shop ... an almost over block of the month they're running that i couldn't resist ... it's done in batiks and the blocks are just fine.   there's three more blox to go, and the setting finish.




my favs ... the musk ox, puffins and the sitka rose.












a prize from this'n'that.com finally came.   valentine fq's and a tag, for luggage?  







my hand sewing on my hexie quilt is slow, very slow, as is my knitting.  but besides the fabric shopping trip, i made to other trips to anchorage with my sis, so i am trying to recuperate.  on the bright side, we are still bird hunting, trying to get pix of two different birds that are unusual to the area.  birders from far and wide have come to get pix;  my sis and i are probably the only two who have not seen them. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Rita!

    You won the ChristaQuilts giveaway on my blog, can you email me please so I can get the information to you!

    Congrats!
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rita, congrats for your blog:-)
    Hugs from Italy, Emanuela

    ReplyDelete