weather widget

Sunday, January 13, 2013

glad tidings!


altogether now!  ready for borders ... dark grey, almost black; have vines ready.  it was a really dark grey day yesterday; it's been rainy!  not good for pix!
made it to the post office saturday, my six yards of pirouette from westminster fibers came ...  a prize i've been waiting for!   i split it with my sis!



 and my yak blends came, ordered three days before!  fast!   green 85%yak, 15% nylon for sox and silver, half yak, half silk lace wt for a shawl.  i'll put little pearls in the pattern.   i'm almost finished with one and two thirds done on another.   so i'm already thinking ahead now ... these will by for me!    
i've pulled some yardage from my stash for the skill builder block of the month ...  am going to see if i can keep up











alyssa at http://www.pileofabric.com/skill-builder-bom/  is going to start it in a few days.  it's a quag!  so it's solids on the front, prints on the back.   some of the blox looks like they'll need lots of skill to work them.   but, i'll have fun trying, and i won't have to tell how many times i made any of them to get a good one!

2 comments:

  1. Fun to look at all your pretties. Where did you get your Yak blend yarns? Do you spin? Are you on Ravelry? =)

    hugZ,,
    annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty fabrics for your skill builder quilt. have fun with that.
    That yarn is so pretty. Now that I am learning to crochet I am looking at yarn like I look at fabric.

    ReplyDelete